Support: The Rubenstein Internship Program provides a formal structure for students pursuing career-related internships and research experiences. Interns are supervised and supported by professionals in the field, a RSENR faculty member, and RSENR Career Counselor & Internship Coordinator Anna Smiles-Becker. Stop by Aiken 220G to make an appointment with Anna. Appointments can also be made via email Anna.Smiles-Becker@uvm.edu or by phone at 802-656-3002.
Explore Internships: It is never too early to start!
- Useful websites for your internship search
- Handshake: UVM’s platform for connecting students to employers, job and internship opportunities, career resources, event information, and more.
- Rubenstein Perennial Summer Internship Program: Provides valuable summer internship opportunities for a select group of students with environmental companies and organizations. Learn how to apply.
Obtain Credit: Internship credit needs to be arranged PRIOR to the start of an internship. Please follow the steps below. Contact Anna Smiles-Becker if you have further questions.
- Review these Rubenstein School Internship Guidelines (PDF)
- Review this information on Academic Deliverables by Credit (PDF).
- After reviewing the above documents, please fill out this Experiential Learning Plan.
Apply for Funding:
- Kate Svitek Memorial Award: Provides funding to RSENR students pursuing internships related to outdoor leadership or environmental education. Learn more about the Kate Svitek Memorial Award.
- Rubenstein School Internship Fund: Provides funding to RSENR students (priority given to first year and sophomore students) pursuing unpaid or under paid, credit-bearing internship/research experiences. Learn more about the Rubenstein School Internship Fund.