Support: The Rubenstein Internship Program provides a formal structure for students pursuing career-related internships and research experiences. Interns are supervised and supported by professionals in the field, a RSENR faculty member and a RSENR staff member.
Explore Internships: It is never too early to start!
- Useful websites for your internship search
- Handshake: UVM’s platform for connecting students to employers, job and internship opportunities, career resources, event information, and more.
- Want assistance in finding an internship? Contact Meghan Young Meghan.Young@uvm.edu or Emily LeForce Emily.LeForce@uvm.edu or make an appointment with Meghan or Emily through Navigate.
- Do you have an internship and want to earn credit? Curious about internship funding? Contact Meghan Young Meghan.Young@uvm.edu, or make an appointment with Meghan through Navigate.
Obtain Credit: Internship credit needs to be arranged PRIOR to the start of an internship. Please follow the steps below. Contact Meghan.Young@uvm.edu if you have further questions about credit.
- Review these Rubenstein School Internship and Research Guidelines (PDF).
- Review this information on Academic Deliverables by Credit (PDF).
- After reviewing the above documents, please fill out this Experiential Learning Plan.
Apply for Funding:
- Rubenstein School Internship Fund: Provides funding to RSENR students (priority given to first year and sophomore students) pursuing unpaid or under paid, credit-bearing internship/research experiences. Learn more about the Rubenstein School Internship Fund.
Rubenstein Perennial Summer Internship Program: Provides valuable summer internship opportunities for a select group of students with environmental companies, agencies, municipalities and organizations. Learn how to apply.