Steps to follow:
- Student notifies the Rubenstein School Dean's Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) of their Leave of Absence request prior to the beginning of the semester that the leave will take effect. To be confirmed, leave forms must be completed by both the student and the Rubenstein School Dean's Office.
- Student completes the online UVM Leave of Absence form.
- Leaves are granted for a finite period of time.
- While on leave, the student's status is temporarily inactivated. We recommend students contact the Dean's Office for readmission by October 31 or March 31 (preceding the appropriate semester) to insure registration status. A leave does not guarantee housing upon a student's return. Please see UVM Admissions for important information and application for readmission.
- Unused financial aid will not be carried over. Upon readmission, students must reapply for financial aid according to the Office of Student Financial Services policies and procedures in effect at that time.