Steps to follow:
- Student notifies Rubenstein School Student Services/Dean's Office (RSENRStudentServices@uvm.edu) with any questions about their Leave of Absence request prior to the beginning of the semester that the leave will take effect.
- Student completes the online UVM Leave of Absence form.
- To be confirmed, the UVM Leave of Absence form must be submitted by the student and approved by Rubenstein School Student Services/Dean's Office.
- Leaves are granted for a finite period of time.
- While on leave, the student's status is temporarily inactivated. We recommend students complete the UVM Re-Entry Application by October 31 or March 31 (preceding the appropriate semester) to insure registration status prior to course registration.
- Students should also contact the Rubenstein School Student Services (RSENRStudentServices@uvm.edu) after they've submitted the UVM Re-Entry Application or if they have questions about their return. Similarly, we recommend that students contact us by the end of October/end of March.
- A Leave of Absence does not guarantee housing upon a student's return. Students should contact UVM Residential Life with questions about housing.
- Unused financial aid will not be carried over. Upon readmission, students must reapply for financial aid according to UVM Student Financial Services policies and procedures in effect at that time.