When leaving UVM, access to most services requiring login with your UVM NetID will change or end over time following your last day at UVM. Timelines for when you will no longer be able to access each service, as well as how to save or transfer any files you wish to keep from them, can be found in the Recommendations and Timelines section below.
It has been a pleasure to provide you with computing services during your time at the University of Vermont. Best wishes on your future academic and professional endeavors.
Recommendations and Timelines
Your UVM email account will be retained for approximately one full year after your last day at UVM, unless your department requests that it be terminated early.
UVM Staff and Faculty who retire will keep their UVM email accounts indefinitely.
- If your UVM email is connected to any 3rd party accounts (Spotify, Facebook, etc.), make sure to update your account profile to use a personal email address instead.
- Set up an auto-reply message within your UVM email account that provides your non-UVM email address and how to get in touch with you in the future.
Access to your PeopleSoft account will be retained for one full year after your last day at UVM, unless your department requests that it be terminated early.
Prepare early, and retrieve any important financial or employment information from PeopleSoft before this deadline has passed.
If you had a Blackboard account, your access to that account should be retained for one full year after your last day at UVM.
If you would like to retrieve materials from courses that you have taken, please do so before this deadline has passed.
If you are trying to access a past course, but it is not listed in Blackboard, try looking for it using the instructions on this page. If you still aren’t able to find it, you may need to contact the course’s instructor for help.
Your UVM Microsoft 365 license is what allows you to download and use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) for free. Upon leaving UVM, this license will expire immediately.
If you need to use these applications after it has expired you can either:
- Subscribe to a personal Microsoft 365 license (making sure to use an email other that your UVM email for your Microsoft account).
- Use an alternative set of applications, such as Google Workspace, Libre Office, etc.
You will lose access to UVM’s Teams tenant at the same time as your access to Microsoft 365. If you will be continuing to do work with the university that will require access to Teams, please contact the Tech Team.
Prepare by following the recommendations below.
- Download any files or content from chats or teams that you’d like to have continued access to.
- If you’d like to continue using Teams, you can sign up for a free account. Make sure to use a non-UVM email when signing up.
- If you use the OneDrive client on your computer, ensure that you have local copies of files stored on your computer by disabling the Files on Demand feature (Windows or macOS).
- Login to OneDrive from a web browser and download any files you’d like to have continued access to locally to your computer.
- Files stored on Zoo can be accessed using the methods detailed in our Accessing Network Folders guide. After connecting to your Zoo storage, you can transfer any files you wish to keep to local storage.
- If files are not transferred prior to your last day of class, you will need to access the files using the FileZilla (sftp) method (Windows or macOS).
- If you have a webpage on Zoo (found at uvm.edu/~yournetid), and you have previously directed users to that page in the past, consider updating the page to refer users to an external website that they can reference in the future after your UVM site is removed.
- Files stored on Silk can be accessed using the methods detailed in our Accessing Network Folders guide. After connecting to your Silk storage, you can download any files you wish to keep to local storage.
- If you have a webpage on silk (found at yournetid.w3.uvm.edu), and you have previously directed users to that page in the past, consider updating the page to refer users to an external website that they can reference in the future after your UVM site is removed.
Access to Cisco AnyConnect VPN is removed within 7 business days of leaving UVM.
If you believe your affiliation is incorrect and that you should still have access to the VPN, please submit a help ticket.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Access to UVM’s virtual desktop infrastructure (Virtual Votey, ArcGIS, etc.) will go away immediately following your last day at UVM. Please ensure that you’ve completed any necessary work pertaining to this service before the deadline.
If you believe your affiliation is incorrect and that you should still have access to VDI, please submit a help ticket.
Early Access Termination
To request that a former affiliate’s access to email and other services be terminated early, contact Identity and Account Management.
To remove a terminated employee’s ownership of departmental accounts, their supervisor or another owner of the account in question should contact Identity and Account Management.
For UVM-owned computers that will stay with the University:
These computers should be wiped before being given to a new user. To arrange this, contact the Tech Team. This will destroy all data stored locally on the machine, so the employee should back up anything important before this is done.
For UVM-owned computers that will be kept by the leaving employee:
These computers should be wiped and have a non-enterprise edition of Windows 10 installed before being returned to the employee. To arrange this, contact the Tech Team. This will destroy all data stored locally on the machine, so the employee should back up anything important before this is done.
Voicemail Message and Email Auto-reply
To set a voicemail message for the terminated employee’s campus phone, contact Telecommunications and Network Services.
To set an auto-reply on a terminated employee’s email account, contact the Tech Team.