Student Health Services
- Mon-Fri: 8am—4:30pm
- Sat: 9am—1:00pm
- Sun: Closed
Counseling and Psychiatry Services
- Mon-Friday 8:30am—4:30pm
- Closed Sat/Sun/Hol
After Hours Consultation
Student Health Services
For after hours medical consultation please call 1-866-878-2485 to speak with an on-call triage nurse service.
Counseling and Psychiatry Services (CAPS)
For after hours mental health consultation you can reach the on-call counselor by calling CAPS at 802-656-3340 and pressing voice mail option #2. Triage counselors are available at all times to respond to students in crisis, and consult with friends, roommates, faculty, staff, or family members. These calls can be anonymous.
You can also get rapid assistance locally from the Howard Center Mobile Crisis Team: 802-488-6400.
If you are suicidal or in emotional distress, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can put you in touch with help: 1-800-273-TALK (8255). For Hearing and Speech Impaired with TTY Equipment: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889).
We also recommend UVM's page at ULifeline: take a quick self-assessment to learn if a treatable mental health problem could be affecting you or a friend, connect with helpful resources, or just learn more about college mental health issues.
Phone and Fax Numbers
Key Phone Numbers:
- Athletic Medicine: (802) 656-7750 (Patrick Gym) or (802) 656-9951 (Guterson Fieldhouse)
- Billing: (802) 656-8509
- Counseling and Psychiatry Services (CAPS): (802) 656-3340
- Health Insurance Requirement: (802) 656-0602
- Immunization Requirements and Compliance: (802) 656-0602
- Living Well Office (Health Education and Outreach): (802) 656-0441
- Medical Records: (802) 656-3303
- Student Health Services: (802) 656-3350
- UVM Health Fee Information: (802) 656-0602
- UVM Student Health Insurance Plan (UVM SHIP): (802) 656-0602
Key Fax Numbers:
- Counseling and Psychiatry Services (CAPS): (802) 656-8022 (Jacobs House) or (802) 656-9537 (Redstone campus)
- Student Health Services: (802) 656-8001
Student Health Center: we offer medical appointments in the One South Prospect campus of UVM Medical Center, where Pearl Street meets Prospect.
Counseling and Psychiatry Services: CAPS appointments are offered in Jacobs House and Wright Hall. During the school year, counselors also offer drop-in hours at the Prism Center, the Mosaic Center, and at Living Well.
We also have offices in the Athletics complex (serving student athletes), the Davis Center, and the Hills building.