Some services require supplemental fees. They are outlined below.
Most primary care and mental health services provided by the Center for Health & Wellbeing are covered by the UVM Health Fee.
UVM Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)
- UVM SHIP covers many services at 100% that are not covered by the student Health Fee. This includes lab costs and orthopedic supplies.
- UVM SHIP covers psychiatry at Counseling and Psychiatry Services at 100% for the initial visit and 80% for additional visits. The remaining 20% is charged to the student or the student's account.
- UVM SHIP does not cover immunizations or Travel Clinic visits.These expenses are charged to the student or the student's account.
Other Insurance Plans
You or your insurance plan are financially responsible for any services provided beyond that basic level of care covered by the UVM Health Fee.
It is your responsibility to:
- Determine your level of coverage if you have insurance other than UVM SHIP. The Center for Health and Wellbeing does not verify coverage or benefits.
- Contact your insurance company to see if your policy covers services.
- See if your insurance requires preauthorization before the visit. The Center for Health and Wellbeing is not responsible for unauthorized or non-covered charges.
- Submit a claim to your insurance company following a visit. The Center for Health & Wellbeing, including Student Health Services and Counseling and Psychiatry Services, is not a participating provider for any outside insurance plan and does not bill insurance companies directly. We are happy to give you a receipt or walkout statement that describes the charges.
The Student Health Fee does not cover UVM Psychiatry visits, UVM Travel Clinic visits, immunizations, orthopedic supplies or lab work.
Information for Medical Students
If you have questions about health coverage for medical students please consult the Personal Wellness section of the Medical Student Handbook.
If you require urgent or acute primary medical care while on rotation in Maine, Connecticut, or Florida you may be eligible to have a portion of your medical bills paid for by CHWB. Please see the Medical Student Handbook for full details.
Get Your Account Summary
Account summaries, sometimes called billing statements, are available 3-5 business days after each visit. To view or print yours, follow these steps:
- Sign on to MyWellbeing.
- Select "Account Summary" from the menu.
- All your visits over the past 12 months will be listed.
- Select View/Print to see a detailed billing statement.