Paying the Health Fee gives you cost-effective access to high-quality, comprehensive medical and mental health care while enrolled at UVM. Office visits for illness or injury, women's health exams, and counseling are all covered by the Health Fee, so they are provided at no additional cost to you. The health fee does not cover certain additional costs, like lab tests, orthopedic supplies (e.g. crutches), immunizations, EKGs, spirometry, and psychiatry visits. More detail below.
Types of Services Covered by the Health Fee:
- Student Health Services: Individual visits with physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and dietitians.
- Counseling Center: Short-term counseling, group counseling, and outreach activities.
- Education and Outreach: Living Well programs, alcohol and drug education, and sexual assault prevention.
- Athletic Medicine: Preventative education, medical care, treatment and rehabilitation for injuries and illnesses incurred by student athletes.
- Public health information and control of communicable disease.
Types of services NOT covered by the Health Fee:
- Laboratory work.
- UVM Psychiatry office visits.
- UVM Travel Clinic first visit.
- Orthopedic supplies (i.e. crutches, braces, etc).
- X-rays, specialist visits, hospitalizations, prescriptions.
- Summer students are not eligible for our services unless they paid the health fee during spring term of the same year.