From the moment he entered the gym for a Special Olympics unified basketball team practice as a Burlington High School junior, Sam Donnelly ’20 felt it. “It was like a switch flipped,” he says, immediately drawn in by a warm welcome and seamless spirit of equality and inclusion. So began a lasting relationship.
Each Winter Break, while many college students head to tropical destinations for some much needed rest and relaxation, 20 UVM students and two professors head to the Caribbean for another reason — community development through service-learning.
Food–in all its forms, from farms, to value added products–is inherent to Vermont's culture; so it is fitting that UVM is part of the Real Food Challenge national campaign that aims to "shift 20 percent of existing university food budgets in the U.S.
- Apply Now to Attend the NOFA Conference for Free
- Meet UVM’s COP21 Team
- Land Trusts & Conservation Easements: Richard Kujawa
- Leaving Vermont - Youth Out-Migration
- Professor Liang Receives Hubert W. Vogelmann Award for Excellence in Research and Scholarship
- Climate policy needs a new vision
- Al Gore to UVM: I’m Optimistic About Stopping Climate Change
- Two CDAE Students Win Al Gore Tickets
- UVM Professor Named National Entrepreneur Educator of the Year
- Undergraduate Publishes Reflection on Race and Identity in Food Systems in Peer-Reviewed Journal