From the moment he entered the gym for a Special Olympics unified basketball team practice as a Burlington High School junior, Sam Donnelly ’20 felt it. “It was like a switch flipped,” he says, immediately drawn in by a warm welcome and seamless spirit of equality and inclusion. So began a lasting relationship.
Each Winter Break, while many college students head to tropical destinations for some much needed rest and relaxation, 20 UVM students and two professors head to the Caribbean for another reason — community development through service-learning.
Food–in all its forms, from farms, to value added products–is inherent to Vermont's culture; so it is fitting that UVM is part of the Real Food Challenge national campaign that aims to "shift 20 percent of existing university food budgets in the U.S.
- Alumna Receives Soros Fellowship for New Americans
- Tweeting for Change: UVM Students Channel Gov. Peter Shumlin
- Josh Farley: Creating Sustainable Solutions to an Ecological Crisis
- Watts Reflects on The Gas Tax
- UVM Helps Cultivate a Food Systems Journal
- Study: Climate Change Could Outpace EPA Lake Champlain Protections
- In the Field, Without a Safety Net
- Vermont Legislative Summit: November 16
- The Numbers Are In
- Alumni Spotlight: Joe Tomlinson
- 1 of 18
- next ›