The pursuit of opportunity...
If there was ever a hands-on entrepreneurship program, this is it. Community Entrepreneurship instills the foundations of successful enterprise development including strategic business planning, marketing techniques, and market analyses and projections. As entrepreneurship is a vital thread in the fabric of a community, students aquire entrepreneurial skills in the context of social responsibility and healthy community development.
We prepare students to take on important roles in entrepreneurial ventures. Our courses cover the "C-Level" jobs in any organization:
- Students are introduced to the business lifecyle through the lens of entrepreneurship in CDAE 166: Intro to Community Entrepreneurship
- From there, students learn the tools and skills of "C-Level" positions:
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) course: CDAE 167: Financial Management for Community Entrepreneurs
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) course: CDAE 168: Marketing for Community Entrepreneurs
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) course: CDAE 266: Strategic Decision Making for Community Entrepreneurs
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) course: CDAE 267: Strategic Business Planning for Community Entrepreneurs
In their pursuit of opportunity, we prepare students to take on important roles in entrepreneurial ventures.. Students become entrepreneurs in the risk-free classroom setting. Or they are partnered with entrepreneurs in the community through courses. And many CENT students start enterprises of their own in the real world while they are still students or upon graduation.