How To: Use a RSENR Vehicle - Prius, Trucks and Vans
Note: The business hours for Room 304 are:
- Monday - Wednesday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Thursday 8:00am - 2:30pm
- Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
If you need to pick up keys during off hours, please contact the RBSC to make prior arrangements during business hours: 656-2592.
Only authorized drivers affiliated with the University of Vermont in the capacity of faculty, staff, or student shall be permitted to drive a University vehicle. In order to be authorized to drive a UVM vehicle, you must complete the UVM Risk Management's Driver Training. Please use the link below and follow the instructions for online training, required forms, and information:
All drivers must be 19 years old and hold a valid U.S. or Canadian license and fully understand the UVM Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Use Policy which can be found here: http://www.uvm.edu/policies/riskmgm/driversafety.pdf.
Go into Oracle calendar by following the steps below:
- Log into Oracle Calendar
- Click on the magnifying glass and choose the resources tab
- Choose resource option and in the resource name enter RS
- Choose your vehicle (prius, 2 door truck, 4 door truck, Van (# GKS987), or Van (# GKS988)
Enter the information below into Oracle Calendar on the date/dates and times you will be using the vehicle:
- Dates and times of use (Note: There is a half day rate for reservations 0 - 4 hours long.)
- Chart string or project id
Pick up keys:
- For the 2 door truck: Please contact Steve Cluett (859-3086) at the Rubenstein Lab, College Street, on the lakefront for key pick up and return.
- For the prius, 4 door truck, and vans only: Pick up the key from room 304 in the Aiken Center. Prior to handing out any keys, the Business Service Center Staff will review your Oracle calendar entry and verify the chart string or project id number.
Immediately upon your return to campus, return the key to room 304 in Aiken or the drop box located by the door to room 304 (or to Rubenstein Lab for the 2 door truck).
Your chartstring or project will be charged for using the vehicle. View usage rates. Rates change annually.
You will find a gas card in the purple pouch inside the vehicle. Please leave the card and all gas receipts in the pouch. If this will be your first time using the gas card you will need to contact Jackie so she can have a pin number created for you. The pin number identifies you as the user. (In the event of an audit this information would cross reference to the vehicle log sheet.) When you are at the gas pump, it will ask you for the vehicle mileage odometer reading and your pin number.
There is a vehicle log sheet in the vehicle that requires very little information so please be sure to fill in all of the fields. (Date, name, starting mileage, ending mileage, project id or chart string, Time out, Time in). If there is missing information on any of the previous lines, please do not follow that pattern, just fill in the required fields. If we could give you a prize for filling in all the fields, we would. Chocolate anyone?
Note: We realize that we are asking for some of the same information on both the calendar and the log sheet, and we apologize for the inconvenience but this process allows us to be more efficient in our month end process for billing. The calendar entries help us to be proactive before the vehicle is used and to bring awareness to folks that there is an associated fee for the use. The log sheet provides additional information that is reviewed after use and not captured on the calendar. If you think you have a situation that is different from the normal business practice, please see Kathleen. Our goal is to keep the vehicle cost down as low as possible for all users and this can only occur if we have complete, accurate information and the vehicle is being used on a regular basis. Thank you!
- Please remember that any trash you have accumulated inside the vehicle needs to exit with you.
- If you notice any vehicle messages on the dash board or maintenance issues please let Business Center Primary Contact know.
- Prius vehicle has step by step instructions on starting and stopping. Please review these instructions (which are with the log sheet) prior to operating the vehicle.
Last modified November 10 2015 10:19 AM