How To: Financials - Travel & Expense Reimbursement
UVM Travel-Related Policy
All travel and other expense reimbursements will be processed by the Disbursement Center.
Prior to Travel:
Review the Disbursement Center Travel & Expense website.
For international travel, a travel authorization must be completed. The request for travel authorization should be sent two weeks in advance via an email to the Disbursement Center, email@example.com. The email should include dates of travel, location of travel, reason for travel, and a chart string. The Disbursement Center will prepare a Travel Authorization and return to you for signature by your supervisor.
Cash advance requests should be emailed to the Disbursement Center, firstname.lastname@example.org. Cash advance requests will require amount, intended use of the cash, dates of travel, location, purpose for travel, and a chart string. The Disbursement Center will prepare a Cash Advance and return to you for signature by your supervisor.
When you have an expense that you incurred on behalf of the university and need to be reimbursed:
Your support staff listed above will prepare your form and obtain signatures. (The Associate Deans are the supervisors of record and will sign these forms: Allan Strong for Academic Faculty and Kimberly Wallin for Research Faculty.) Provide support staff with your itemized receipts that include proof of method of payment (last 4 digits of credit card number or CASH), chartstrings and any information, such as conference agendas and/or mileage log that they may need to process your reimbursement.
Staff and Grad Students Only:
- Complete the expense form on the Disbursement Center website.
- Include conference agendas
- Enter chart string, print the form, and sign.
- Obtain necessary supervisor signature.
- Grad students also need to print the Student University Business Certification Form. Complete the top and ask your faculty mentor to complete the bottom section
- Send forms and all itemized receipts that include proof of method of payment (last 4 digits of credit card number or CASH) to the Disbursement Center (19 Roosevelt Highway) or scan and email to email@example.com.
- The Disbursement Center will process your reimbursement and will contact you directly with any questions or issues.
The expense form asks that you total receipts into the following categories: Travel Expense and Mileage for each day an expense was incurred. This requires that you sum up all of your receipts and only one amount is shown for each category. Business meals and non travel expenses are listed individually on the lower section of the form.
Undergraduate Students Only:
- Complete the Reimbursement Form for Undergraduate Students. Signature must be actual. Cannot use a script font as signature.
- Print the Student University Business Certification Form. Complete the top and ask your faculty mentor to complete and sign the bottom section.
- Remit both forms, mileage log if applicable and ALL itemized receipts to your business support staff listed above under primary contacts. Itemized receipts must include proof of the method of payment, ie: last four digits of credit card or "CASH".
Non UVM Personnel Only:
- Complete the Reimbursement Form for Non UVM Personnel. Signature must be actual. Cannot use a script font as signature. Leave the cart string field blank.
- Forward signed form and applicable supporting documentation to your UVM Contact in the Rubenstein School. Supporting documentation includes ALL itemized receipts and if applicable mileage logs. Itemized receipts must include proof of the method of payment, ie: last four digits of credit card or "CASH" on the receipt.
- Rubenstein School Contact will enter a chart string and obtain approval signature. The completed form and all supporting documentation is remitted to the business support personnel listed above under primary contact.
Last modified January 03 2017 08:51 AM