As part of UVM's continuing effort to promote sustainable transportation, we offer a carpool program to all full-time UVM employees who have a vehicle, live off campus, and possess a valid driver’s license. Carpoolers benefit from saving money, cutting emissions and reducing vehicle wear and tear. Registered carpoolers can request occasional use parking passes and access CATMA’s guaranteed ride home program.
Requirements for Carpool Program
- Participants must be full-time permanent faculty or staff members, working the same shift on the same campus.
- Each individual participating in the program must own a vehicle and possess a valid driver's license.
- Each registrant must present their valid state motor vehicle registration, valid driver’s license and carpool application with a leader named for the group along with the names of each participant in the carpool, to Transportation & Parking Services.
- All participants must certify that they carpool to work with the listed participants at least three (3) days a week.
- All applicants must complete the "Parking Permit Course" at uvm.edu/transportation/required-parking-permit-course. A copy of the Certificate of Completion must be attached to your application.
Parking Rates for Employee Carpool Permits
Employee Green Carpool Permit
A Green Carpool Permit (0.64% of base salary) will be divided by the number of participants in the carpool (with a maximum of four participants).
- Two participants: 0.32% of base salary
- Three participants: 0.21% of base salary
- Four participants: 0.16% of base salary
Employee White Carpool Permit
A White Carpool Permit (0.48% of base salary) will be divided by the number of participants in the carpool (with a maximum of four participants).
- Two participants: 0.24% of base salary
- Three participants: 0.16% of base salary
- Four participants: 0.12% of base salary
Employee Carpool Hangtag Designation & Procedures
Only one of the vehicle registered in the program may display the carpool hangtag and park on campus at a time. The vehicle must park in the designated zone depicted by the color of the permit during restricted hours as posted.
Vehicles registered in the Carpool Program must display their valid permit and park in the appropriate zone or be subject to warnings or citations for not displaying a valid permit. Courtesy Notices do not apply to Carpool participants.
Unexpected circumstances arise. This is no different for carpool members. Should the need arise making carpooling difficult or impossible on a particular day, you may park your vehicle with an Occasional Use Permit valid in the zone represented by the permit surrendered prior to joining the carpool.