To be eligible, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Classified by the University as a Vermont resident
- Matriculated undergraduate student
- Be admitted prior to Fall 2017; for those admitted after, please review our Catamount Commitment program
- Recipient of a Federal Pell Grant
- Dependent based on the dependence criteria for the Federal Student Aid and/or a ward of the court
- Taking courses at UVM or through an approved internal UVM study abroad program
- Be enrolled each semester at least half-time (6 credits)
The following charges are covered by gift aid for eligible students (per the criteria above):
- Up to full (12 - 18 credits/semester) UVM in-state tuition (excluding summer session) for all credits in which the student is enrolled
- Students at least half-time/semester (6 credits) but, less than full-time (12-18 credits/semester) are eligible for a part-time proration as long as the student meets the eligibility criteria above.
- For students enrolled in an approved, internal study abroad program, the following charges will be covered:
- Tuition up to the in-state rate of tuition
Gift aid considered for covering full in-state tuition includes, but is not limited to, Federal, university and state grants and scholarships.
This commitment does not apply for summer session enrollment.