Osher Foundation Reentry Scholarship Endowment Application
The Bernard Osher Foundation was founded in 1977 by Bernard Osher, a respected community leader and businessman. Mr. Osher and his wife, Barbro Osher, are deeply committed to helping non-traditional age students successfully complete their college education. The Foundation made a generous grant to the University of Vermont to provide scholarship support for students seeking their degree after a significant break in their studies. These Osher Reentry Scholarships at the University of Vermont are awarded on a competitive basis, based on the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative gap in their post-secondary education of at least five years.
- Have a goal of completing their Bachelor's Degree at the University of Vermont.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate a commitment to their academic achievement.
- Applicants are ideally between the ages of 25 and 50.
- Applicants may be or plan to be either full-time or part-time at UVM.
- This program is not intended for students seeking an additional baccalaureate degree. It targets students who did not have the opportunity, often because of financial need or other extenuating circumstances, to complete their higher education at an earlier stage in their lives.
If you meet these criteria, we welcome your application for scholarship support for the next academic year. Awards must be applied toward tuition charges and are generally $2,000 for the academic year.
Deadline for the 2019-2020 Application is June 1, 2019.