University-wide Requirements for the MS degree
Requirements specific to the MS degree in Mathematical Sciences
- Coursework-based (non-thesis) option:
- A total of at least 30 credit hours in course work;
- Successful completion of two comprehensive examinations.
- Thesis option:
- A total of at least 24 credit hours in course work;
- Successful completion of one comprehensive examination;
- Writing and defending a thesis.
More information can be found in the Mathematics Graduate Handbook.
Tuition and fees
- Information on tuition and fees is found on this website. In particular, all graduate students are required to pay a Mandatory comprehensive fee, which covers access to the UVM gymnasium and medical and mental health services; in the 2022/23 Academic Year it will be $1018 per semester.
Please the Mathematics Graduate Director, Dr. T.I. Lakoba, if you have any questions or would like further information.