From Jordan Adams' album review in Seven Days:
"McCarthy's pointillism of personal influence results in a hefty, satisfying record that offers new perspective on the composer as a person. McCarthy's densely packed arrangements will likely serve hungry audiences new aural morsels with every listen.
Prof. Paul Besaw's Good Dirt is "a performance created for rural settings that explores back-to-the-land work and dreams through music, dance, and storytelling." It features performers from the performance collective Agnes Table, including fellow UVM dance professor Clare Byrne.
Students at the Department of Music and Dance not only take lessons and perform in department ensembles; they often form their own bands and play gigs around town. In our Student Band Spotlight series, we'll get to know these ambitious musicians and learn how they pursue their love of music in the classroom and beyond.
- Student Band Spotlight: The Flat Five
- Dancing Uphill 10th Anniversary Celebration
- Dr. Patricia Riley publishes "Creating Music"
- Paula Higa premieres master's thesis project on dystonia and dance
- Prof. Emeritus T.L. Read receives Retired Scholars Award
- UVM Flash Mob at the Airport
- Seven Days: "Allan Day's Heroic Save of a Historic Piano "
- The Creative Mind
- "America's Most Wired Composer" in Residence at UVM Oct. 13, 14
- Sylvia Parker and Ray Vega featured in UVM Inquiry