Audition Requirements 2019-20
Auditions will take place only during the first week of classes in August - click here to go to the scheduling website (NOTE: Auditions are at various times on Aug. 27-30; for those of you returning, we are using a new app this year).
You should expect to play 3 scales, a chromatic scale, and a short etude/solo.
1. The following scales (NOT concert scales, so start on your C, Bb, and D) in at least 2 octaves whenever possible (the more octaves you do, the better your score will be):
- C Major
- B-flat Major
- D Major
- and a chromatic scale of your choice (full octaves only)
2. Short etude (found below as PDF files)
- Alto Clarinet
- Bass Clarinet
- Alto Sax
- Tenor Sax
- Bari Sax
- Euphonium (bass clef)
- Baritone (treble clef)
- Sometimes the etude is for multiple instruments, so if there is a note(s) out of your range, please feel free to adjust up or down an octave.
- Percussion - please play as many of the etudes etudes as possible (snare, timpani, and mallets) to demonstrate your ability/experience on that instrument.