- Jeanne Shea, Associate Professor, Anthropology Department (Fall 2018)
- Dale Jaffe, Professor and Chair, Sociology Department (Spring 2019)
Core Faculty Advising Students with the HSOC Program
To facilitate interdisciplinary study of health and society, each college at UVM has at least one HSOC faculty advisor. Three of those faculty advisors teach the introductory core courses for HSOC. To request an HSOC advisor to help guide you through your HSOC major or minor, please email HSOC@uvm.edu.
HSOC Faculty Advisors Teaching Intro Core Courses
Other HSOC Faculty Advisors
CALS: Jean Harvey (Jean.Harvey@uvm.edu), Farryl Bertmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CEMS: Peter Callas (email@example.com)
CNHS: Kenneth Allen (Kenneth.Allen@med.uvm.edu), Deborah Hinchey (new incoming faculty)
GSB: Marilyn Lucas (Marilyn.Lucas@uvm.edu)
RSENR: Christine Vatovec (Christine.Vatovec@uvm.edu), Bindu Panikkar (Bindu.Panikkar@uvm.edu)
Core Faculty Teaching Courses in the HSOC Program
- Sarah Abrams, Associate Professor of Nursing, CNHS.
- Farryl Bertmann, Lecturer, Food and Nutrition Sciences, CALS.
- Deborah Blom, Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, CAS.
- Peter Callas, Research Associate Professor, Dept. of Math and Statistics, CEMS, and Department of Medical Biostatistics, LCOM.
- Bernice Garnett, Associate Professor, Education, CESS.
- Jean Harvey, Professor and Chair, Nutrition and Food Sciences, CALS.
- Dale Jaffe, Professor and Chair, Department of Sociology, CAS.
- Shamila Lekka, Lecturer, Department of Psychological Science, CAS.
- Rycki Maltby, Professor, Department of Nursing, CNHS.
- Bindu Panikkar, Assistant Professor, Environmental Program, RSENR.
- Jeanne Shea, Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, CAS.
- Christine Vatovec, Assistant Research Professor, RSENR.
If you are a faculty member who would like to teach a course for the program or would like to be affiliated with the program in another capacity, please contact the program director concerning your interest in affiliation.
HSOC Founding Curriculum Committee
- Lynn Blevins, Assistant Professor of Medicine, LCOM
- Peter Callas, Associate Professor of Statistics, CEMS
- Paula Deming, Associate Professor of Health Sciences, CNHS
- Bernice Garnett, Associate Professor of Education, CESS
- Jean Harvey, Professor of Nutrition and Food Science, CALS
- Dale Jaffe, Professor of Sociology, CAS
- Marilyn Lucas, Associate Professor of Business, GSB
- Jeanne Shea, Associate Professor of Anthropology, CAS
- Christine Vatovec, Research Assistant Professor, RSENR