When you declare a Health and Society major, a faculty advisor in the program will provide assistance every step of the way, including:
- Selecting courses that will fulfill the requirements of the major and degree while meeting your individual academic and personal goals
- Planning for off-campus studies, undergraduate honors, research, internships and other opportunities as appropriate and desired
- Developing an action plan for reaching your academic, personal and career goals, using the university’s Four-Year Plan for Career Success as a guide from your first year in the program
- Candidly assessing your academic performance, and, if appropriate, suggesting specific strategies to improve
- Identifying student services that may be particularly appropriate for your needs and interests
Health and Society faculty are committed to helping you learn more about your chosen field of study and the opportunities associated with it. As nationally and internationally known scholars with successful careers, our faculty members have a wealth of expertise to share about careers, graduate programs, and related disciplines.