Artist and filmmaker Angelo Madsen Minax explores sex and death—and what happens “when you put them in the same place,” he says. “That raises the possibility for birth and reproduction in the same place as death. And that's an interesting conversation to me—and that's an idea that I put out into the world and let people think about.”
The department welcomes three new members in fall 2021: Harris Fellow Sara Garzón, Visiting Artist Ace Lehner, and Harris Fellow Christopher Kojzar.
Sophie Feldman ’22 quietly, gently reaches out with a soft brush and dabs the tail feathers of a magnificent duck. It sits perfectly still. In fact, it’s been sitting still for decades, collecting dust in the lobby of Benedict Auditorium on campus—one member of a remarkable, but neglected, taxidermy collection of stuffed birds and other creatures that extends back to at least the 1850s.
- The Mollie Ruprecht Fund for Visual Arts presents: John Edmonds
- The Mollie Ruprecht Fund for Visual Arts Presents:
- Provocative new exhibitions at the Fleming explore identity and activism in art
- The Wall in Focus
- Pamela Fraser's exhibit at The Paris London Hong Kong Gallery in Chicago
- Making Art, Building Community
- UVM Opens Michele and Martin Cohen Hall for the Integrative Creative Arts
- Steve Budington's solo exhibit at Whittier College
- UVM Studio Art Professor Pamela Fraser's exhibit Natural History at The Provincial in
- Studio art professor Mildred Beltré's group exhibit: "Isness"