Artist and filmmaker Angelo Madsen Minax explores sex and death—and what happens “when you put them in the same place,” he says. “That raises the possibility for birth and reproduction in the same place as death. And that's an interesting conversation to me—and that's an idea that I put out into the world and let people think about.”
The department welcomes three new members in fall 2021: Harris Fellow Sara Garzón, Visiting Artist Ace Lehner, and Harris Fellow Christopher Kojzar.
Sophie Feldman ’22 quietly, gently reaches out with a soft brush and dabs the tail feathers of a magnificent duck. It sits perfectly still. In fact, it’s been sitting still for decades, collecting dust in the lobby of Benedict Auditorium on campus—one member of a remarkable, but neglected, taxidermy collection of stuffed birds and other creatures that extends back to at least the 1850s.
- Portrait of the Artist
- Art Professor Film to Premiere at Berlin International Film Festival
- Showcasing UVM Art Students
- Some public monuments have to come down
- Showcasing Students
- Into the Wilderness
- Celebrate our Seniors
- 20th Roland Batten Lecture: “The Circumstances of Design and Reality”
- The Mollie Ruprecht Fund for Visual Arts presents: The Dynamics of Practice in a Virtual World
- The Mollie Ruprecht Fund for Visual Arts presents: In the Steps of Folly Cove: Artist Print Invitational
- 1 of 9
- next ›