A new forged-iron sculpture, its elegant curves accented in bright hues, now graces the plaza of the marketplace where one of its subjects was once sold—and the other worked—as a slave. Titled “Robert and Rosetta” and designed by Christopher Kojzar, an Andrew Harris Fellow in UVM’s Program in Art and Art History, and his mother, noted artist Oletha DeVane, the artwork memorializes two enslaved...
July 1, 2022 wasn’t just another warm summer day in Burlington, Vermont.
New Lecturer Estefania Puerta will give an artist talk at Vermont Studio Center in the Red Mill Building in Johnson Vermont, on Wednesday, August 24th, 2022, at 7:00 pm ET. This event is free and open to the public. Limited seating available.
- Art Professor Madsen Minax wins Guggenheim
- Portrait of the Artist
- Showcasing UVM Art Students
- Some public monuments have to come down
- Showcasing Students
- Into the Wilderness
- Celebrate our Seniors
- 20th Roland Batten Lecture: “The Circumstances of Design and Reality”
- The Mollie Ruprecht Fund for Visual Arts presents: The Dynamics of Practice in a Virtual World
- The Mollie Ruprecht Fund for Visual Arts presents: In the Steps of Folly Cove: Artist Print Invitational
- 1 of 9
- next ›