The Senior Exhibition is a celebration and showcase of work created by graduating Studio Art and Art Education majors and minors. Every student who enters work for the Senior Award competition will have one work chosen for the Senior Exhibition. The exhibition will open in early May and continue through to Commencement Day. An awards ceremony announcing the prize winners and a reception celebrating the work of UVM's graduating seniors will be held in the Colburn Gallery immediately following the CAS Commencement Ceremony.
The Jennifer Goldstein Memorial Award
The Jennifer Goldstein Memorial Award Jennifer Goldstein was a talented third-year art student at UVM who tragically died in the spring of 1998. She had clear intentions of pursuing a career in art and the abilities to do so successfully. In her memory, 221 donors--led by her family and closest friends--created a fund that underwrites this award in perpetuity. This award is given to one graduating UVM Studio Art and Art Education major or minor to further their creative development.
The Williams Award
Thanks to the generosity of Paul and Betty Mayer, this award is given to a senior studio art or art education major in recognition of their work and to encourage their pursuit of art after graduation.
The Paul Aschenbach Award
Presented annually to a UVM senior in recognition of their outstanding artwork. Given through the generosity of John Wittenberg, UVM Studio Art alumnus in honor of his mentor, Paul Aschenbach, respected artist, teacher and former faculty member at UVM.
Dean’s Purchase Prize
Previous Award Winners
- 2021 -- Juli Badics (Goldstein Prize), Noah Zhou (The Williams Award), Nicholas Bright (Aschenbach Award)
- 2020 – Nevile Caulfield (Goldstein Prize), Erin Bundock (Aschenback Award), Honorable Mention: Aleda Kirstein
- 2018 – Tyler Fletcher (Goldstein Prize), Lily Lehmuller (Aschenbach Award)
- 2017 – Rowan Shalit (Goldstein Prize), Julia Blasius (Aschenbach Award)
- 2016 – Hannah Babiss (Goldstein Prize), Sean Bayles (Aschenbach Award)
- 2015 – Danielle Curran (Goldstein Prize), AliciaRose Pastore (Aschenbach Award)
- 2014 – Christopher Richards, Jordan Redell, Honorable Mention: Emily Booker
- 2013 – Harrison McCandless
- 2012 – Cody Brgant, Avery McIntosh, Honorable Mention: Henry Webb
- 2011 – Nicholas Earl, Jasmine Parsia Honorable Mention: Benjamin Weis and Violeta Hinojosa