The Senior Exhibition is a celebration and showcase of work created by graduating Studio Art and Art Education majors and minors. Every student who enters work for the Senior Award competition will have one work chosen for the Senior Exhibition. The exhibition will open in early May and continue through to Commencement Day. An awards ceremony announcing the prize winners and a reception celebrating the work of UVM's graduating seniors will be held in the Colburn Gallery immediately following the CAS Commencement Ceremony.
Jennifer Goldstein Memorial Prize
Jennifer Goldstein was a talented third-year art student at UVM who tragically died in the spring of 1998. She had clear intentions of pursuing a career in art and the abilities to do so successfully. In her memory, 221 donors, led by family and close friends, have created a fund that underwrites one Goldstein Prize, in perpetuity. The award is given to one graduating UVM Studio Art or Art Education major or a minor to further their creative development.
Paul Aschenbach Prize
Presented annually to a UVM senior in recognition of her/his outstanding artwork. Given through the generosity of John Wittenberg, UVM Studio Art alumnus in honor of his mentor, Paul Aschenbach, respected artist, teacher and former faculty member at UVM.
Previous Prize Winners
- 2020 – Nevile Caulfield (Goldstein Prize), Erin Bundock (Aschenback Award), Honorable Mention: Aleda Kirstein
- 2018 – Tyler Fletcher (Goldstein Prize), Lily Lehmuller (Aschenbach Award)
- 2017 – Rowan Shalit (Goldstein Prize), Julia Blasius (Aschenbach Award)
- 2016 – Hannah Babiss (Goldstein Prize), Sean Bayles (Aschenbach Award)
- 2015 – Danielle Curran (Goldstein Prize), AliciaRose Pastore (Aschenbach Award)
- 2014 – Christopher Richards, Jordan Redell, Honorable Mention: Emily Booker
- 2013 – Harrison McCandless
- 2012 – Cody Brgant, Avery McIntosh, Honorable Mention: Henry Webb
- 2011 – Nicholas Earl, Jasmine Parsia Honorable Mention: Benjamin Weis and Violeta Hinojosa