All graduating seniors and prospective graduates are expected to:
- Continue to check your UVM email daily, especially in the weeks leading up to graduation. Carefully read any message regarding your requirements and respond if you have questions or concerns. Please don’t schedule an appointment until you’ve received a reply to your response.
- To ensure that there aren't any last-minute issues, complete the “Intent to Graduate” form the semester before you plan to graduate.
- Review your degree audit to ensure it’s accurate and contact your advisor if you see any errors or requirements marked as unmet. Students will not be certified to graduate unless their degree audit shows that all requirements have been met.
- Meet with your assigned advisor at least once during your senior year to review remaining requirements and discuss any academic issues that may arise.
- Resolve all issues related to incompletes, missing grades, and grades of SP on your record.
Commencement information for seniors:
- To participate in the Commencement ceremony and receive your diploma, you must have completed all the necessary requirements by the end of the spring semester. You may be permitted to participate in the ceremony if you are within 2 courses (no more than 8 credits) of completing your degree, but you will not receive your diploma at that time.
- Run your degree audit report once all your final semester grades have been processed. If it states, "All requirements identified below have been met," you will be certified for graduation.
- You must have a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. They are available for purchase at the UVM Bookstore.
- University Honors will not be calculated until all grades for the spring semester are processed. The Latin Honors medallion may be picked up at 438 College Street during normal work hours before the Commencement celebration or will be given out during the CAS line-up.
- Information and details about both UVM’s and CAS’s Commencement celebrations are available on the Commencement website, so check frequently for updates. Location changes due to bad weather are posted on the site starting at 6:00 a.m. on Commencement Day.