Requirements for Admission to Graduate Studies for the Degree of Master of Science
All students must meet the Requirements for the Master's Degree (UVM Catalogue)
- GPA = 3.00 or equivalent from bachelor's degree.
- Completion of an acceptable Calculus course.
- Completion of an acceptable Intermediate Microeconomics course.
- Satisfactory scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); official scores are required. Institution code for test scores for UVM is 3920.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate’s academic potential for graduate work and motivation for pursuing the M.S. in CDAE.
- For international students whose native language is not English or who have not completed undergraduate degrees in English, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores or IELTS scores must be submitted.
- Minimum acceptable TOEFL and IELTS scores for admission to the Graduate College at UVM:
|Internet Based (iBT)|
|TOEFL: Minimum to qualify for admission||90|
|TOEFL: Minimum to qualify for funding||100|
|IELTS: Minimum to qualify for admission||6.5|
|IELTS: Minimum to qualify for funding||7.0|
Institution code for test scores for UVM is 3920.
NOTE: The application deadline for funding consideration is January 15. Rolling deadline for all others.
Applications received after January 15 of a given calendar year can be eligible for funding consideration in the fall of the following calendar year if desired.