The in-house staff provides:

  • Feasibility studies.
  • Labor and material cost estimates.
  • Design services.
  • Construction administration services.
  • Assistance in obtaining necessary permits through Campus Planning Services.
  • Service as the liaison between the University and outside contractors, consultants and building officials.


Requesting a Project

Deans and directors are responsible for reviewing and prioritizing projects within their colleges and units and, in turn, submitting project request proposals via the university's Renovation/Construction Project Request Form (PDF) to:

Robert Vaughan
Director of Capital Planning and Management

16 Colchester Avenue
Burlington, VT 05405
(802) 656-8660

Projects might include:

  • Renovating or expanding existing facilities.
  • Relocating to other facilities.
  • Constructing new facilities.

A department or office seeking changes in its facilities should approach the appropriate dean or director charged with reviewing such requests.