Thanksgiving Recess-November 21, 2022-November 25, 2022 & Semester Break-December 19, 2022-January 13, 2023.
Parking rules and regulations remain in effect during both break periods listed above with the exception of the University’s Administrative Holiday schedule. Time and location restrictions may be modified, but all motor vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during dates above.
Leaving a Motor Vehicle on Campus While Away
- With the exception of employees residing in campus housing, faculty/staff are not allowed overnight parking unless authorized in advance by the University, usually for University business travel. Vehicles parked overnight without authorization may be towed without notice. Temporary exceptions may be granted only upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-656-8686.
- Reminder, the upper deck of the Gutterson Garage is posted as closed to overnight parking from Nov. 15th through April 1st. If you reside in campus housing and need to leave your motor vehicle parked while you are away, it must have a valid permit and be parked within the interior levels of the Gutterson Garage to allow for snow removal and maintenance.
Daily Parking Needs
- During the dates listed at the top of this page, all valid permits will be allowed parking in most campus parking lots. There will be no exceptions in the Beaumont Lot. This lot will be available for commuter permits only.
- Please watch for signs and your UVM email indicating lot closures, snow removal and maintenance and park accordingly.
- Employees may park in the pay-by-app/visitor spaces by payment during restricted hours.
- Motorist assistance, motor vehicle jump-starts and lock-outs if parked on campus, will be available by calling Parking Services at 802-656-8686 during business hours, Mon-Thurs from 7:30 am-4:00 pm and until 3:00 pm on Fridays. After hours, weekends and administrative holidays please call Spillane’s Service Center directly for any lockouts or jump-starts at 802-863-7900. There is no charge for this service provided the vehicle is parked on University of Vermont campus property.
Note: Thanksgiving Break exceptions end with rules and regulations back in effect on the first day of classes, November 28, 2022. Semester Break exceptions end with rules and regulations back in effect on the first day of classes January 17, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact us at (802)656-8686 or email@example.com.