Thursday, April 6th, 2017 the UVM wireless network received a new security certificate as the previous certificate had expired. Some Macintosh computers are not accepting the new certificate automatically.
If you’re using a Mac and started having trouble connecting to UVM wireless Thursday, April 6th, try the following steps:
- Click the “Apple” in the top left corner of your screen, select “System Preferences“
- In the “System Preferences” menu, click on “Profiles“.
NOTE: If you do not have a “Profiles” icon, the issue you’re experiencing is different in nature than the one addressed in this guide. Contact the Tech Team Help Line at 802-656-2604
- From the “Profiles” menu, select the “UVM Wireless” profile, then click the “—” button to remove it. You’ll receive a prompt, click “Remove”
- If asked, enter the password to your computer to confirm the removal of the profile.
- Attempt to reconnect to the UVM wireless network. You may be asked to enter your UVM username and password.
- If prompted, accept the new radius.uvm.edu certificate by clicking “Continue“.
You should now have a working UVM wireless connection!