UVM uses Microsoft Exchange for its email and calendaring system, which syncs with Outlook, Apple Mail, and Android’s built-in email and calendar clients.
How do I make an event/meeting?
When viewing the calendar in Outlook Web App, right-click the date of interest and select “New.” This will bring you to a screen to create the event.
Some of the options you can create include:
- Location – If on campus, you may be able to add the room it will be held in. Note: This does not reserve the room for use, as that is controlled by EMS.
- Attendees – Contacts and others in your directory can be added as attendees. This will send them an email about the event, and this function is also helpful when using the Scheduling Assistant, as it helps determine when individuals are free.
- Show as – Free, Working Elsewhere, Tentative, Busy, and Away. This controls how others view your availability
- Calendar – If you utilize multiple calendars, it is important to make sure that the right calendar is selected.
- Repeat – If this event is recurring, this dropdown menu will provide a number of possible suggestions. If what your desired occurrence pattern is not suggested, you can modify if by selecting “Other,” which will bring up a “Select Repeat Pattern” window, which can be used to make more complex occurrence patterns.
- Mark as Private – Only those who have Editor or Contributor permissions will be able to see this event besides you.
How do I share my calendar, or let someone edit it?
Other members of the university can see when you’re free or busy automatically. It is currently not possible to change this. To allow individuals more details about your calendar, or to edit it, See other article when that gets published
How do I organize or create calendars beyond 'My Calendars' and 'Other Calendars'?
If you right click on the name of a calendar group, such as “My Calendars” or “Other Calendars,” you will be given a menu to organize calendars.
In addition to creating calendars, you can also open the calendars of others in the directory. However, you will only see free/busy unless that individual has raised your permissions. Further, you can create additional calendar groups to further organize calendars. For these additional groups, you will also be able to rename or delete them later on.
How do I find a university affiliate's availability?
To find the availability of a UVM affiliate, right-click a calendar group name on the left side bar and select “Open Calendar” to access a search box. Enter the netID of the individual, and select “Search Contacts and Directory.” OWA should find the individual, and display their picture, full name, and email address. If this was the person you intended to contact, click “Open” and their calendar will be added. Note: This only shows availability entered into the calendar. If an individual does not use OWA’s calendar function, this will most likely not be accurate.
I use a lot of different calendars. How do I control which ones I see at an given time?
Calendars that you have access to (Your calendars and calendars that you have opened or added) are listed in the left sidebar under calendar groups. Those that are currently visible on your main calendar are checked, while unchecked ones are hidden. These checkboxes are just to the left of the calendar’s name, and checking or unchecking them will allow you to control which calendars you’re currently viewing.
How do I delete a meeting?
See Deleting and Recovering Items
How do I modify my work week or hours?
Your work week and work hours can be modified in Calendar Settings. This is accessed by clicking on the gear in the upper right corner and selecting Options. From there, choose “Settings” in the left sidebar, and then “Calendar” as the second tab on the top of the screen.