Gas Card PIN
If you plan on driving a vehicle on a regular basis, you are required to request a Gas Card PIN. Complete a Fuel Cardholder Agreement and submit to the RSENR Business Service Center. The PIN number identifies you as the user.
When you are at the gas pump, it will ask you for the vehicle mileage odometer reading and your pin number.
You will find a gas card in a blue pencil pouch inside the vehicle. Please leave the card in the pouch. Return receipts and keys to Aiken 314.
All vehicle reservations are made via the calendaring system in Outlook on your computer or via the internet, “Outlook for the Web."
- All drivers must be 19 years old and hold a valid U.S. or Canadian license and fully understand the UVM Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Use Policy.
- Open Outlook Calendar by following the steps below (If you do NOT have Outlook client installed on your computer, please skip down to the Outlook for Web instructions below):
- Click New Meeting (Outlook treats the vehicles as people so you are basically inviting the vehicle to a meeting).
- In "To:" field enter the name of the vehicle you are looking to reserve:
- RS_Boat C-Hawk
- RS_Boat Inflatable
- RS_Veh Prius
- RS_Veh Rube Lab White Truck (3 College St)
- RS_Veh Rube Lab Silver Truck (3 College St)
- RS_Veh Van GKS987
- RS_Veh Van GKS988
- RS_Veh GEM 2 Passenger (Spear Street)-Must be have electric vehicle certification
- RS_Veh GEM 4 Passenger-Must have electric vehicle certification
- RS_Trailer C-Hawk
- RS_Trailer RubeLab
- In the Subject field enter description of use. If you are not the driver, please insert driver's name.
- Enter your desired reservation time. Do NOT click on the All Day Event. If All Day Event is clicked, Outlook will allow other users to make a reservation for a partial day. This causes a Double Booking!
- In the main notes field enter the full chart string that will cover the cost of renting.
- You may click scheduling assistant to view available or busy times near the timeframe you would like.
You will receive an accepted or declined email immediately. If you do not receive an accepted email, you have NOT sucessfully reserved the vehicle.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE OUTLOOK CLIENT:
- Go to https://mail.uvm.edu
- Login if asked.
- Click on nine squares icon in top left.
- Choose calendar
- Click New.
- Find vehicle by typing RS_Veh into "Add People" box on right.
- Enter your description of use. If you are not the driver, please record driver's name.
- Enter your reservation time.
- Enter chart string in main notes section.
- Click scheduling assistant to see if vehicle is available.
- Click Save.
- You will receive an accepted or declined email immediately. If you do not receive an accepted email you have NOT successfully reserved the vehicle.
- Please confirm you have entered all the required information into the reservation when you receive the confirmation email:
- Vehicle you are reserving
- Description of reservation
- Dates and times of use
- Chart string or project id
Key Pick Up
Note: Business hours for Aiken Room 312A: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. Office is closed for lunch (12:00-1:00pm) If you need to pick up keys during off hours, please call 802-656-2592.
Vehicle Log Sheet Requirements
There is a vehicle log sheet in the vehicle that requires very little information so please be sure to fill in all of the fields. (Date, name, starting mileage, ending mileage, time out, time in, project id or chart string).
Note: We realize that we are asking for some of the same information on the calendar reservation and the log sheet, and we apologize for the inconvenience. The calendar entries help us to be proactive before the vehicle is used and to bring awareness to folks that there is an associated fee for the use. The log sheet provides essential information that is reviewed after use and is used to determine the billing. If you think you have a situation that is different from the normal business practice, please see Kathleen Wells. Our goal is to keep the vehicle cost down as low as possible for all users and this can only occur if we have complete, accurate information and the vehicle is being used on a regular basis. Thank you!