As the team that oversees UVM’s financial management system, the Division of Finance (DF) reminds you of key resources to support you in our collective mission of responsible stewardship of University funds.
Financial Management Classes
Here is the list of classes DF is offering this academic year through Professional Development & Training:
- Chart of Accounts
- ERS Certification Software Training
- How do I make this purchase?
- Researching Payables and Invoices
- PurCard: Reallocation Process
- Space & Movable Equipment Inventory - FAMIS 2020
- Travel Basics
- Advanced Travel
- What is Accounts Receivable?
- Axiom: Financial Reports
- Axiom: Multi-Year Salary Planning
- PeopleSoft: Basics
- PeopleSoft: Financial Reporting- Part 1
- PeopleSoft: Financial Reporting- Part 2
DF experts can provide training on a range of financial management topics to departments as needed and requested.
We’ve worked hard to improve our online resources for business managers. The Division of Finance website is your one-stop shop for all budgeting and accounting information. Some pages of note:
- Business Manager Reference Guide – key onboarding actions for new business/financial staff plus a checklist of recurring financial processes
- Listservs and Newsletter – sign up to receive updates throughout the year
- Forms – all finance and payroll forms are listed here. We recommend bookmarking this page to ensure you have the latest version.
- User Guides – for all finance and payroll systems. We recommend bookmarking this page to ensure you have the latest version.
- Dates & Deadlines – can be viewed online or in your Outlook calendar
- Systems Access & Support – request access or report a trouble ticket in PeopleSoft, Axiom, or ERS (Effort Reporting System)
- Training – self-paced, classroom, and departmental options
- Finance A to Z – glossary of UVM financial terms
- Financial Management Framework – learn more about UVM’s complex operating environment, internal controls, and financial roles
- Contact Us – includes the Division of Finance org chart and staff photo directory
The UVM policies website lists all University policies and operating procedures.
We hope you find this information useful and invite you to contact us at any time.