Sometimes you may want to share a Teams meeting recording with someone who wasn’t invited to the meeting (and therefore doesn’t already have access). Follow these steps for any meeting that was scheduled on your calendar.
- These steps will only work for non-Channel meetings (e.g., meetings scheduled on the Teams Calendar). To view Channel meeting recordings, go to the Files area of that Channel and look in the Recordings folder.
- If you didn’t schedule the Teams meeting, but simply clicked “Meet Now” on your calendar, follow these instructions to access and share the recording from OneDrive.
- Open your Calendar in Teams.
- Double-click the meeting (that you’d like to share the recording of).
- From the Details tab at the top of the page and click on the thumbnail of the video recording.
- Your meeting recording will now open in your default web browser (where it was automatically saved in your OneDrive Cloud storage).
- At the top right corner of the video (in your web browser), click the ‘i’ in a circle.
- This will open a sidebar menu from which you can click Manage Access.
- From this new screen, you can either copy the link that allows anyone with the link to view the video, or you can designate specific people to have view-only access. This will require editing the list of people and adding each person one-by-one before copying the link.
- Share the link copied in Step 7 via email or Teams Chat message.