In updated versions of the Cisco AnyConnect Client, Windows users are able to connect to the UVM VPN prior to logging into their domain-joined UVM computer via the Start Before Logon (SBL) feature. This feature is especially useful in cases where configurations for UVM computers are only applied as part of a logon, though it can also be a convenience for remote users.
Signing Into VPN Before Logon
- While fully logged out of Windows, click the leftmost button in the bottom right corner with Network sign-in as the hovertext.
- Change the URL to sslvpn2.uvm.edu/nosaml.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your UVM NetID and password
- If required, proceed through the normal Duo MFA prompts.
- Click Accept. If you do not see this screen, it’s possible you entered your username or password incorrectly, your Multi-Factor Authentication method failed, or you don’t have access to the VPN and must request it at go.uvm.edu/vpnrequest.
- To verify you are successfully connected, you will see the option to Disconnect bottom right corner. Don’ t click it.
- Sign in with your UVM NetID and password. If your user isn’t found, prepend CAMPUS\ to your NetID, as in the image below.