Using the HTML Editor
The Brightspace Text Editor allows you to add images, videos, hyperlinks, and other content, and checks to see the degree to which your content is accessible. This editor appears in many areas of a Brightspace course, including the Create a File in content, announcements, the descriptions in quizzes, assignments and discussions, feedback, and emails.
- Click the Ellipses button if you don’t see all the buttons depicted here.
- Insert Stuff. This is where you can add videos, documents, and record a video with a Video Note. (See below for further explanations.)
- Insert Images.
- Add Equations. Graphical, chemistry, MathML, and LaTeX are supported.
- Add Tables and other table settings.
- Accessibility Checker. This feature informs you if your content conforms to WCAG and Section 508 accessibility standards. It also suggests corrections if needed. This checks for color contrast and specific formatting required for screen readers. (Recommend using on all pages before saving.)
- Preview. This allows you to see a published version of the page before you actually publish for your students to see it.
- Edit HTML code. This text editor is HTML based and allows you to edit the HTML code yourself if you choose to.
- Undo / Redo.
- Full screen the editor. If you want a bigger area to work with, you can make the editor the full size of your screen.
- Resize the editor. If you want the editor to be a little bigger/smaller just click and drag that 3-line handle bar.
Quicklinks are a useful way to help students find content that already exists in your course site.