Flu Shot Clinic & Biometric Screenings This Fall at UVM
For UVM Faculty, Staff, Retirees, and Qualified Dependents
- By Krista Lynn Malaney
The University of Vermont has scheduled two on-campus Flu Shot Clinics & Biometric Screening opportunities this fall for UVM faculty, staff, retirees and their qualified dependents. The Biometric Screenings are schedule in response to the high volume of employee requests for this service.
While the flu shot clinic is by walk-in (no appointment necessary), the biometric screenings require an online sign-up. There are a limited number of timeslots available. Follow the link below to schedule your screening:
Monday, October 30thfrom 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Williams Family Room, Davis 403
Wednesday, November 8thfrom 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Mildred Livak Room, Davis 419
Things to Know…
- Both the flu shots and biometric screenings are free for those who are covered on the UVM healthcare plan with BlueCross and BlueShield of Vermont (BCBSVT). You must present your BCBSVT card and a photo ID at the time of service.
- Flu shots are given on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointments are scheduled.
- There are two required forms. Please complete them in advance and bring them with you.
- In keeping with UVM Medical Center guidelines, flu shots are available to individuals who are 18-years old and older.
- Biometric screenings are a 15-minute one-on-one encounter with a medical professional from the University of Vermont Medical Center. This encounter will provide you with your total cholesterol, HDL (good) cholesterol, TC/HDL ratio, Blood sugar, Blood Pressure, and stroke risk information. You will also have the opportunity to discuss these values and your goals with a medical professional at the time of the screening.
- Sign-up online to schedule your Biometric Screening at https://mybluehealth.bcbsvt.com/dt/v2/bcbsvtindex.asp or contact Human Resources Services at 802-656-3150 or HRSinfo@uvm.edu for assistance finding a time.
If you are NOT covered on the UVM healthcare plan with BCBSVT, you will need to pay $25 cash or check at the time of the flu shot or $41 at the time of the biometric screening. (Credit and debit cards are NOT accepted.)
If you ARE covered on the UVM healthcare plan with BCBSVT, there is no cost to you for the flu shot or biometric screenings. You must present your BCBSVT card and a photo ID.
Other Flu Shot Options
If you are covered on the UVM healthcare plan with BCBSVT and you cannot or do not want to receive a flu shot on campus, or if you wish to get flu shots for your covered dependents who are under age 18, you and/or your dependents can schedule flu shots with your primary care provider or from a BCBSVT network pharmacy at no cost to you (subject to scheduling requirements and availability). Simply present your BCBSVT card - you will not need to fill out the UVM Medical Center paperwork mentioned above.
Helpful Tip: Those who choose to receive a flu shot at a BCBSVT network pharmacy might find it easiest to go to the pharmacy that regularly fills their prescriptions, since that establishment will already have all the pertinent information on record.
For more information on seasonal flu vaccines, see the resources on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website—especially the resources at the bottom of the page under "Patient Education."
UVM Employee Wellness Council
Human Resource Services - 228 Waterman
Burlington, VT 05405