At the University of Vermont, all student records are governed and protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

The Center for Health & Wellbeing requires that all requests for release of health records be submitted in writing. This includes Athletic Medicine, Counseling & Psychiatry (CAPS), Nutrition, Primary Care and Women's Health records.

If you are a current student, you can request a release of your records at MyWellbeing. Just select “Additional Forms” from the menu and download the “Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information” form.  Print, complete and sign the form (we must have your signature on the form) and then upload a picture of the form in the same place you downloaded it on MyWellbeing.

If you are a former student, please complete the Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information (PDF) form and send it to:

CHWB - Medical Records
425 Pearl Street
Burlington, VT 05401
FAX: 802-656-8001

Fees may be assessed for a copy of protected health information provided to you directly.

If you have any questions about the release of CHWB health records please contact our Medical Records Office at 802-656-3303. We are committed to processing all requests in timely fashion. Depending on the nature of the request, records release can take up to 30 days from the time we receive a records request.