Important Pre-Enrollment Resources
- UVM Information Technology Resource- Activating your UVM Net ID. Set up your Net ID and email account to ensure you receive communications from the Graduate College and from your program.
- For international students please visit the international student acceptance page for additional requirements.
- Subscribe to GRADNET, our graduate student listserv. GRADNET is an electronic forum where Graduate students, faculty, and staff discuss issues, research topics, graduate student life and announcements that pertain to you, a member of our Graduate community here at UVM.
- MyUVM Portal - The main portal to your Student Information System. Log in with your Net ID to register for your classes and check on your financial aid package or tuition bill.
- Student Financial Services - For more information on your financial aid or tuition bill
- Graduate College Tuition and Fees - To help estimate costs and fees
- CatCard (UVM Student ID Card) - When you arrive, stop by the Billings Library (basement floor) and pick up your Catcard (UVM Student ID) and find out where you can use it across campus and throughout Burlington.
- UVM Bookstore - Swing by the Davis Center (3rd floor) and pick up your books at our Bookstore.
- The Center for Health & Wellbeing administers UVM's Student Health Insurance.
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) - For more information and to officially elect your health coverage
- Campus Map - An interactive way to experience the UVM campus before your arrival
Important On Campus Resources
- The Graduate Student Senate (GSS) is here to promote the well-being of graduate students and encourage a stronger, more unified voice for the graduate student body.
- Office of International Education can address the questions from students studying here from international borders.
- Howe Library and Dana Medical Library Study Time! UVM has several libraries for you to crack your books open for those long study sessions or research resources.
- Campus Recreation Study Breaks?! The University has outstanding facilities for campus recreation to suit your health and fitness goals and needs.
See options available for affiliated housing by visiting the Office of Residential Life’s website: Residential Life Affiliated Housing
Off-campus housing options can be found here:
- UVM Off-Campus Housing Service
- International Student Housing
- Office of Student and Community Relations (OSCR)
Registering for Classes
Once you have activated your netid, please refer to the video below for instructions on registering for courses. You will want to be familiar with the registration schedule and schedule of courses which can be found on the registration schedule webpage. Please note that there is no sound in the video below.