A variety of workshops and programing are offered throughout the weekend on topics like wildlife, forestry, orienteering and GPS, hiking, fitness, camping skills, kayaking, firearm safety, fishing, and much, much more. Expert instructors lead each workshop with the basics, providing hands-on experience and encouraging participants to ask questions.
UVM Extension 4-H and the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Forests, Parks and Recreation collaborate on this annual event, designed to cultivate families’ connections with the outdoors, through camping and the acquisition of new skills.
Thanks for your interest in Outdoor Family Weekend. If you would like to be put on the on the mailing list for the 2023 save the date, please email Allison Smith at Allison.email@example.com with your interest. Thank you!
- 2023 Brochure (PDF) and 2023 Flyer (PDF)
- 2023 Program Book (PDF) - Check out this year's program for more details on the schedule and types of workshops that will be offered at OFW this year. Registration will open on June 5th at 8AM.
- For program updates, follow us on Facebook!
Stillwater State Park, Groton, Vt.
Stillwater State Park is located on Groton Lake in 28,000-acre Groton State Forest. It has 17 lean-to sites, and 62 tent/trailer sites. There are some excellent sites and lean-tos on the shores of the lake where you can boat right up to your campsite. Stillwater also has a boat launch and a beach, and just down the road is the Forest Nature Center. Close to the campground is the beginning of many of the 22 miles of hiking trails that meander through Groton State Forest.
- Program: Allison Smith, Allison.Smith.firstname.lastname@example.org; 802-656-7640 or 1-800-571-0668 (toll-free within Vt.)
- Registration: Lisa Flinn, 802-656-7607 or 1-800-545-8920 (toll-free in Vt.), email@example.com