Join us September 6-8, 2019 for our 22nd year offering outdoor educational experiences for the whole family!
Expert instructors begin each class with the basics, providing hands-on experience and encouraging participants to ask questions. The variety of classes includes wildlife, forestry, orienteering and GPS, hiking, fitness, camping skills, kayaking, firearm safety, fishing, and much, much more.
This program is a joint effort by UVM Extension and the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources Departments of Fish and Wildlife and Forests, Parks and Recreation to promote, address, and instill in the general public a basic understanding of environmental conservation, safety and fun in the out-of-doors.
- 2019 Program brochure (PDF)
- 2019 Program Book (PDF) [updated 7/18/19]
- For program updates, follow Us on Facebook!
Stillwater State Park, Groton, Vt.
Stillwater State Park is located on Groton Lake in 28,000-acre Groton State Forest. It has 17 lean-to sites, and 62 tent/trailer sites. There are some excellent sites and lean-tos on the shores of the lake where you can boat right up to your campsite. Stillwater also has a boat launch and a beach, and just down the road is the Forest Nature Center. Close to the campground is the beginning of many of the 22 miles of hiking trails that meander through Groton State Forest.
"Refer-A-Family" Prize Drawing
Past attendees can refer a new family to this year's Outdoor Family Weekend and be entered in a drawing for a free weekend stay for a family at any Vermont State Park, courtesy of Vermont Department of Forests, Parks & Recreation. How to enter:
- Find families that have never been to Becoming an Outdoor Family and encourage them to register.
- Tell the new family that when they register for 2019 Outdoor Family Weekend they should enter your name in the "referred by" field on their registration page. They must enter your name in their registration for you to be eligible for the drawing for a free weekend at any Vermont State Park.