The 2020 volunteer hours requirement has been relaxed. All active 2020 volunteers will remain active in 2021. All 2019 and 2020 interns will be granted 3 years to meet their initial certification requirements.
Resumption of Volunteer Activity Phase 1: Beginning on July 10, 2020
- Volunteer activities are encouraged to be conducted remotely (online), substituting remote options for in-person interaction whenever possible.
- Any outdoor volunteer activities essential to food production and mentorship in groups of 10 or less.
- Any outdoor volunteer activities essential to maintaining critical public spaces such as community, historic and demonstration gardens in groups of 10 or less.
- Any outdoor time-critical activities that cannot be performed at another time and for which the volunteer has received approval from the state coordinator.
Suspended Activities (Until Phase 2):
- All indoor volunteer activities regardless of group size.
- All in-person classes of more than 10 people occurring outside.