2023 Nominations are now open!
Family Business Awards Nomination Form (docx) | Family Business Awards Nomination Form (webform)
Nominate yourself or another business that you admire. Deadline is May 15.
Winners will be honored at the 12th Edition Awards Ceremony on September 29th!
Who can be nominated?
Family Enterprises in the following categories can be nominated: (1) 1st Gen: Start-up or purchased firms with multiple family members in ownership or operations., (2) Multi-Gen - Family Enterprise that has completed at least one generational transfer within the family., (3) Multi-Gen - Global Enterprise that has completed at least one generational transfer within the family., (4) Vermont Legacy Family Enterprise: Vermont based family business recognized for outstanding and long lasting success..
Who can nominate?
Nominations can be submitted by the company (self-nominations) or by associated parties.
What is the judging criteria?
The judging panel will evaluate the nominations and select the winners based on the following criteria: (1) Financial success of the company, (2) Governance of the family and the business, (3) Contributions to the community and industry, and (4) Innovative business practices or strategies
Who are the judging committee members?
- Michele Asch (’88) of Twincraft Skincare | 2022 Vermont Legacy Family Enterprise Award Winner
- Roger Brown of Slopeside Syrup & UnTapped LLC. | 2022 First Generation Family Enterprise Award Winner
- Molly Heaney of JM Huber Corporation | 2021 Multi-Gen Global Family Enterprise Award Winner
- Kristin Hutchins of Ruge’s Automotive, Inc. | 2020 Multi-Gen Family Enterprise Award Winner
- Rajesh Sinha of Thermax Global | 2022 Multi-Gen Global Family Enterprise Award Winner
- Steve Schlesinger (’83) of Schlesinger Group | 2016 Multi-Gen Global Family Enterprise Award Winner
- Pramodita Sharma, Professor and Schlesinger-Grossman Chair of Family Business at UVM Grossman School of Business (non-voting chair)
11th Annual Family Business Award Winners (2022)
1st Generation Family Enterprise | These are start-ups or purchased firms with multiple family members in ownership or operations.
- 2022: Slopeside Syrup/UnTapped, Richmond, VT
- 2021: Lawson's Finest Liquids, Waitsfield, VT - Video: The Lawson's Story
- 2020: American Flatbread at Lareau Farm, Waitsfield, VT
- 2019: Rhino Foods, Inc., Burlington, VT
- 2018: The Alchemist, Stowe, VT
- 2016: The RehabGYM, Williston, VT
- 2015: MyWebGrocer, Winooski, VT
- 2013: A.W. Brown Pet & Garden Store, East Longmeadow, MA
- 2012: DLC Management Corporation, Tarrytown, NY
Multi-Gen Family Enterprise - Family firms that have completed at least one generational transfer within the family.
- 2021: Giroux’s Poultry/Grains/Orchards, Chazy, NY
- 2021: Healthy Living Market, South Burlington, VT
- 2020: r.k. Miles, Inc., Middlebury, VT
- 2020: Ruge’s Automotive, Inc., Rhinebeck, NY
- 2019: Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe, VT
- 2019: Bergman Real Estate Group, Iselin, NJ
- 2018: Curtis Packaging, Sandy Hook, CT
- 2018: Lake Champlain Chocolates, Burlington, VT
- 2017: Foley Inc., Piscataway Township, NJ
- 2017: New England Kenworth, Shelburne, VT
- 2015: Boyden Valley Winery, Caimbridge, VT
- 2014: Butternut Mountain Farm, Morrisville, VT
- 2013: State Garden Inc. / Olivia's Organics, Chelsea, MA
- 2012: Sagamore Golf, North Hampton, NH
Multi-Gen Global Enterprise - Family firms that have completed at least one generational transfer within the family.
- 2022: Thermax Limited, Pune INDIA
- 2021: J. M. Huber Corporation, Edison, NJ
- 2017: Cardinal Shoes, Lawrence, MA
- 2016: Schlesinger Associates, Iselin, NJ
- 2015: The Barton Group, Glens Falls, NY
- 2014: Alqueria Dairy, Bogotá, COLOMBIA
- 2013: DiLeonardo International, Warwick, RI
Vermont Legacy Family Enterprise - Vermont based family business recognized for outstanding and long lasting success.
- 2022: Twincraft Skincare, Winooski, VT
- 2021: H. N. Williams Store, Inc, Dorset, VT - Video: The H. N. Williams Story
- 2020: Trow & Holden Company, Barre, VT
- 2019: O'Brien Brothers, South Burlington, VT
- 2018: Foster Brothers Farm / Vermont Natural Ag Products Inc., Middlebury, VT
- 2017: Basin Harbor, Vergennes, VT
- 2017: Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks, Montpelier, VT
- 2016: Addison Press, Middlebury, VT
- 2015: Branon Family Maple Orchards, Fairfield, VT
- 2014: Wayside Restaurant, Montpelier, VT
- 2013: Dakin Farms, Ferrisburg, VT
- 2012: Maple Landmark Inc., Middlebury, VT
Past Event Photos
- 2021 Photos
- 2020 Video
- 2019 Photos
- 2018 Photos
- 2017 Photos
- 2016 Photos
- 2015 Photos
- 2014 Photos
- 2013 Photos
- 2012 Photos
For any questions about the Family Business Awards please email firstname.lastname@example.org