Accelerated MAcc Program
Qualified UVM accounting concentration students are encouraged to apply for the Accelerated Master's Program (MAcc). Once accepted into the program, students can complete up to nine (9) credit hours of graduate course work in the last semester of their undergraduate degree. All courses to be counted toward the MAcc degree:
- must be completed after acceptance of the students in the accelerated MAcc program,
- must be 200- or 300-level business courses,
- may not include any courses that are required for the undergraduate program (the prohibition includes the four 100- and 200-level courses required for the accounting concentration), and
- must be relevant to the MAcc study objective, as approved by the program director.
Students should apply for admission to the accelerated MAcc program preferably in April of their junior year, but not later than the start of the first semester of their senior year. Admission to the accelerated program requires the following:
- A declared accounting concentration;
- A minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.20;
- Completion of the Graduate College application form, that must include at least one positive letter of recommendation from a School of Business faculty member who taught the applicant in a 100- or 200-level course;
- Indicate on the first page of the graduate application, in the Department/Program line, that you are applying for the "Accelerated Master of Accountancy."
Consistent with the MAcc application guidelines, GMAT scores are not required of students enrolled in the UVM School of Business Administration's accounting concentration with overall GPAs of 3.20 or higher. Students interested in receiving financial assistance from the Program, are required to earn a score of 550 on the GMAT.
Last modified July 17 2014 02:33 PM