Global Family Enterprise Case Competition (FECC)
Format and rules are currently being reviewed and may be subject to change for 2015.
- On Wednesday, during lunch, each team will be assigned a division by random draw.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, each team will compete against all other teams in their division accumulating points to determine the division winner.
- Division winners will advance to the finals round on Saturday, January 10, 2015.
- Presentations will be made to a panel of judges. Each judging panel will comprise of family business owners/managers, professional service providers to family firms, and educators.
- The organizing committee will select the judges
- Each team will have 20 minutes to present their case analysis and recommendations
- This will be followed by a 10-minute question and answer period
- Presentations must be in English
Case Preparation Time
- Each team will analyze and present at least three cases to a panel of judges
- Preliminary case will be sent to the coaches on ... This case will be presented right after the opening lunch on Wednesday when division draws are made.
- On Thursday, Friday during the case preparation the three competing team members will have:
- Four hours with one PC running Windows 7 and Office 2010
- No internet access or contact with advisors is permitted during preparation time
- The teams advancing to the final round on Saturday will only have 3 hours of preparation time.
- Cases are selected based on top entries in the 2015 Family Enterprise Case Writing Competition, organized by the UVM School of Business Administration.
- For 2015, one winning team at both the undergraduate level and graduate level will receive the University of Vermont Family Enterprise Cup.
- The remaining division winners will each receive a team plaque.
- Authors of cases used in the Family Enterprise Case Competition will each receive $1500.
Last modified August 25 2014 08:49 AM