Global Family Enterprise Case Competition (FECC)
Format and rules are currently being reviewed and may be subject to change for 2014.
- Teams will be assigned by random draw.
- Each team will compete against all other teams in their division accumulating points to determine the division winner.
- Division winners will advance to the finals round on Saturday, January 11, 2014.
- Cases will be judged by a panel of judges representing experts from industry, business and academia.
- The organizing committee will select the judges
- Presentations must be in English
Case Preparation Time
- Each team will analyze and present at least three cases to a panel of judges
- Preliminary case - supplied one week ahead of time on Wednesday, January 1. This case will be presented upon arrival after the opening lunch.
- Preparation time/final round cases:
- Three hours with one PC running Windows 7 and Office 2010
- No internet access or contact with advisors is permitted during preparation time
- Each team will have 20 minutes to present their case analysis and recommendations
- This will be followed by a 10-minute question and answer period
- Cases are selected based on top entries in the Family Enterprise Case Writing Competition, organized by the School of Business Administration.
- For 2014, one winning team at both the undergraduate level and graduate level will receive the University of Vermont Family Enterprise Cup.
- The remaining division winners will each receive a team plaque.
- Authors of cases used in the Family Enterprise Case Competition will each receive $1500.
Last modified December 10 2013 09:13 AM