A study in Scientific Reports, co-authored by assistant professor Sambit Mohapatra, is among the first to measure the long term-effects of concussions or mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI) on the academic performance of military veterans and college athletes.
On Point, a radio program broadcast every weekday to National Public Radio stations around the country, interviewed senior neuroscience major Caleb Winn for a program about senior theses. Winn's work seeks to understand more about when actions become habitual. It's research that could shed light on addiction treatment.
A study in Nature Communications, led by UVM Professor Eric Bishop von Wettberg, demonstrated a promising approach for how to improve the genetics of one of the world's most important and imperiled crops: chickpeas, the primary source of protein for 20 percent of the world's population.
- U.S. linking model of human behavior, climate alters projected temperature rise
- Wild Lake Trout Make a Surprise Return to Lake Champlain
- This Winter's Hot Fashion: Parkas Stuffed with Vermont Weeds
- Meet Bernie Sanders’s New Namesake: A Spider from Cuba
- Professor Talks About New Book on John McCormack With Michael Dukakis
- Your Instagram Posts May Hold Clues to Your Mental Health
- Vermont Researchers Speed Up Tree Aging Process To Create Old Growth
- Stephen Hawking's Strange Law of Entropy is Making Atoms on Earth Act Like Black Holes
- Men's Basketball in National News
- Meditation, Nutrition, Fitness: One 'Party School' Tries To Tame The College Brain
- 1 of 25
- next ›