In 1980, 14-year-old Jacques Bailly received an impressive trophy for winning the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Last evening, approximately 39 years later, he collected a second trophy in recognition of his service as chief “pronouncer” of the national spelling bee now televised live each year on ESPN.
Growing up in Chicago, the daughter of Filipino immigrants, Cynthia Reyes remembers telling her parents that she wanted them to speak to her only in English, not their native Tagalog. Years later, deep regret over that choice would shape the academic focus of the UVM College of Education and Social Services professor.
The University of Vermont announces that over 75,000 donors gave more than $581 million to UVM and the University of Vermont Medical Center during Move Mountains: The Campaign for the University of Vermont, which concluded on June 30, 2019. The eight-year fundraising campaign—the most ambitious in the University’s history—was publicly launched in October 2015 with a goal of $500 milli
- Vermont Academy of Arts and Sciences Inducts Cohen and Donnelly as 2019 Fellows
- High Andes Underfoot
- Cravedi Wins Outstanding Faculty Advising Award
- In Memoriam: Alumni Lost on 9/11
- Alexandria Hall ’15 Named National Poetry Series Open Competition Winner
- UVM’s Four-Year Graduation Rate Near Top for Public Universities, Says New Ranking
- Talented First-Year Class Breaks Record Again
- City Parks Lift Mood as Much as Christmas, Twitter Study Shows
- A Summer On, Not Off
- UVM, Army’s Cold Regions Lab Sign Educational Partnership Agreement
- 1 of 317
- next ›