Mission and Purpose
Our office's role is to foster sustainable development and promote social and environmental responsibility by strategically bridging the academic activities of teaching, research, and outreach with the operations of the University.
We partner with others at UVM on initiatives that bridge the academic activities of teaching and research with campus operations. We catalyze change, measure and report on progress, and engage with students and employees through peer-to-peer outreach programs.
Our purpose is to:
- Support organizational strategic planning for the University
- Track UVM's sustainability bottom line
- Educate and involve the campus community and the public at large
- Stimulate and select feasible ideas for sustainability-related projects
- Create implementation plans and manage projects
- Celebrate campus successes