Green transportation highlights:
- The UVM Transportation and Parking Services department plays a decisive role in local transportation planning and creative solutions through its strategic partnerships with regional organizations.
- Regional programs include CarShare Vermont, Guaranteed Ride Home for commuters, and a Bike/Walk Rewards program.
- All UVM students, faculty and staff can ride Green Mountain Transit buses for free by swiping their CatCard.
- Biking to UVM has never been easier with on-campus showering locations offered to our commuters. Find one in the Davis Center.
- The UVM Bike Co-op helps keep you on two wheels with rentals and discounted helmet sales. The regional Greenride Bikeshare group also has bikes for rent, with pickup and drop off points all around Burlington and neighboring towns.
- With the installation of more and better bike racking facilities—including a covered bike shelter and other covered biking options—UVM regularly receives the Bicycle Friendly University designations from the League of American Bicyclists.
- UVM has ten on-campus electric vehicle charging stations. See the map.
Since 2006, the Alternative Energy Racing Organization (AERO) has brought together Catamounts in a student-run club that designs and builds race cars not only for going fast, but also for slowing down climate change. Fully story about AERO >
UVM is also home to the Transportation Research Center (TRC), which has a mission to advance sustainable and resilient transportation systems. TRC works in Vermont and beyond, conducting research, offering outreach programs, and supporting UVM student education.