Green transportation highlights:
- The UVM Transportation and Parking Services department plays a decisive role in local transportation planning and creative solutions through its strategic partnerships with regional organizations.
- Regional programs include CarShare Vermont, Guaranteed Ride Home for commuters, and a Bike/Walk Rewards program.
- All UVM students, faculty and staff can ride Green Mountain Transit buses for free by swiping their CatCard.
- Biking to UVM has never been easier with on-campus showering locations offered to our commuters. Find one on our campus map.
- The UVM Bike Co-op helps keep you on two wheels with bike rentals and discounted helmet sales.
- With the installation of more and better bike racking facilities—including a covered bike shelter and other covered biking options—UVM is a Gold Bicycle Friendly University designated by the League of American Bicyclists.
- UVM has 21 on-campus electric vehicle charging plugs. See the map.
Since 2006, the Alternative Energy Racing Organization (AERO) has brought together Catamounts in a student-run club that designs and builds race cars not only for going fast, but also for slowing down climate change. Fully story about AERO >
UVM is also home to the Transportation Research Center (TRC), which has a mission to advance sustainable and resilient transportation systems. TRC works in Vermont and beyond, conducting research, offering outreach programs, and supporting UVM student education.