UVM upperclassmen and transfer students over the age of 20 live off-campus in the vibrant Burlington community. Finding housing for the first time can be a daunting process. Below are important information and links for you.

  • Coming soon...

    Stay tuned for more information about Spring move out!

Commuter Request Process

Students who are able to live with a parent or guardian within a commutable distance from campus may want to live at home, and exceptions to their residency requirement will be considered.

Requests can be made using our commuter request form (PDF), which must be notarized and submitted by August 1st for Fall enrollment and December 1st for Spring enrollment. We require a notarized statement from the parent or guardian each semester a student is required to live on campus.*

Students can submit the notarized form by emailing us at reslife@uvm.edu, or via mail or drop-off at our main office located in Robinson Hall.

The address is as follows:
Robinson Hall
406 South Prospect Street
Burlington, VT 05405

*A new form needs to be resubmitted each academic year.
If a form is submitted and notarized in the Fall of the academic year, it does not need to be resubmitted for Spring semester.
If enrolling in the Spring, a form would need to be submitted and notarized for the Spring semester by December 1.
f you have submitted documents for the Spring semester but decide to stay at home through the Fall, you must resubmit the form in the Fall by August 1.

Office of Student and Community Relations

The Office of Student and Community Relations (OSCR) provides a wide variety of resources for all off-campus students. Click the link below to learn more about the off-campus housing selection process, and other tools to prepare for off-campus living.

Learn More About OSCR

Affiliate Housing

UVM Affiliate housing is off-campus housing managed by other Burlington entities but is only available for eligible UVM students.

Learn More About Affiliate Housing