Dear Residential Students,
Even though cases are increasing in states surrounding Vermont, UVM continues to keep case numbers to a minimum, in large part, because of you, and your commitment to the Green and Gold promise. Thank you for following public health protocols such as wearing face coverings, maintaining physical distance and staying out of public spaces if you are sick.
Given the high testing compliance, consistently low positivity rates, and overall low Green and Gold violations, we feel comfortable making some modest shifts to the current residential policy.
These new expectations include:
- Effective Tuesday, October 20, each room is allowed one guest from the same residential floor. Suites – defined as student rooms with a shared common room – may have a maximum occupancy of two floormates per suite (not 1 floormate per room).
- Both roommates must agree to floor visitor being in their room
- Masks will be required to be worn by all students in a room where a floormate is visiting
- If a student tests positive, all floormates who visited and are identified through contact tracing will agree to be quarantined
- In the event of 5 positive residential cases across all residence halls, we will re-instate the no-guest policy immediately
- Students also will be reminded that they are responsible for their guests’ behavior
If we continue to see low case numbers, we will consider easing the guest restrictions further. Keep up the great work and thank you so much for everything you are doing to keep you and your communities safe and healthy!
Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Vice President for Operations and Public Safety