As a UVM campus visitor or external collaborator, the method of authentication and the type of access you receive with your UVM Guest Account varies by how your account was sponsored.
- Self-sponsored accounts – Requires the use of SMS test messages to complete the self-sponsorship process. These accounts remain active for 24 hours, and only includes access to the UVM Guest wireless network. Self-sponsored accounts may receive lower bandwidth and limit the use of some protocols.
- Sponsored accounts – Requires that a current UVM affiliate creates the account. UVM Guest WiFi access can be provisioned for up to 7 days, and SharePoint access can be provisioned for up to one year. These credentials can be used to connect up-to 5 devices to the UVM Guest WiFi network.
Connecting to UVM Guest wireless
Self-sponsored UVM Guest account (for visitors)
- Connect your device to the UVM Guest network
- A UVM Guest captive portal window should appear
- Under Self-Sponsor, click Register via SMS
- Enter your 10 digit phone number, and then click Send me a code
- Your mobile phone should receive an SMS text message containing a six-digit confirmation code
- Enter the code, and then click Verify & Login
- You should now be connected to the UVM Guest network!
Sponsored UVM Guest accounts
Sponsoring a UVM Guest Account
The following guides are for current UVM Students, Faculty, Staff, and Departments. Sponsored guests can be granted access to the UVM Guest WiFi network for up to one week, lab computer access for one week, and SharePoint access for up to one year.
Provision a UVM Guest account
- Open a web browser and visit https://go.uvm.edu/uvmguest
- If prompted, login with your NetID and password
- Click the Add Guest button
- Fill out the form with your guest’s information. Click the relevant access checkbox and specify the length of time the account will remain active, then click Add Guest.
- Your guest will receive an email with their UVM Guest credentials. Your guest can can use these credential to connect to the UVM Guest wireless network.
Batch request Guest accounts
If your department requires a large number of guest accounts to be provisioned, please contact our Identity and Account Management team no later than 3 business days prior to the date the accounts will be used.