Instructors can add TAs, Course Builders, and Students who have an Incomplete status to their courses in Bb. This is done within the myUVM portal.
Adding a TA
- Log in to MyUVM.
- Click on the Teaching tab, if you are not already there.
- On the right, in the My Blackboard box, click on the green Grant Blackboard Course Access button.
- Choose a term from the drop down list, then choose a course.
- Enter either the person’s NetID or a student ID, choose the role you would like to grant to this person, then click Submit.
- If you are adding TAs to multiple courses, you’ll need to click on the Back to Teaching Tab, then on Grant Blackboard Course Access, select the new course from the list, and click Submit.
- On the subsequent page, click the Blackboard Additions link and follow the above steps 4-5 to add them.
Removing a TA or Changing a Role
To remove someone previously added with the above process, follow the steps 1-3 to get to the Blackboard Additions screen. Enter the student’s NetID, but choose Remove BB Access granted here.
Similarly, to change someone’s role (say from Course Builder to TA), select that role from the drobpdown and click Submit.
Definitions of Available Roles
- A Teaching Assistant (TA) has the same access to all areas of a course as the instructor. If you don’t want the TA to have access to the Bb grade center, consider the course builder role, instead. Note: If a TA has authorization and access to enter grades into Banner, then they will automatically have instructor access to the Blackboard course. You do not need to add them with the method described on this page.
- A Course Builder has access to edit most areas of content, but does not have access to the grade center.
Student with an incomplete
- A student can only be added with this role if this student has received an Incomplete for the same course and this information has been previously entered in Banner.