Courses must be taken from the list provided by the Health and Society Major program. For interdisciplinary exposure, no more than 12 credits shall be from any one discipline.
One required core introductory course (3 credits total)
- HSCI 021: Introduction to Public Health
One of the following additional core introductory courses (3 credits)
- SOC 054: Health Care in America
- ANTH 089: Global Health, Development, Diversity
One 100-level methods course (3 credits)
- SOC 100: Fundamentals of Social Research
- STAT 111 or 141: Elements of Statistics or Basic Statistical Methods
Nine additional credits in HSOC courses, with six of those credits at the 100-level or above:
- These may include any of the courses listed above not already counted toward your minor, any courses listed as options for the HSOC major, and/or any courses listed HSOC elective courses.
A list of electives can be found here.
Please note that courses not used towards core requirements on this list can be used as electives.